In Memory of



Obituary for Gerald Bennett

Jerry went home to be with the Lord on June 20, 2023. He was born in Flint, Michigan on October 11, 1940 and was the first son to Ralph and Lucy [McDowell] Bennett. He was preceded in death by his sisters, Gloria Wilcox, Arlene Bennett, and Barbara Goss, and brother, Bill Bennett. His sister, Priscilla Shaw, currently resides in Michigan.

He is survived by his loving wife, Ann Bennett, and his two daughters, Terri Molvar and Michele Daniels. He has four granddaughters, Amber Strayhand, Erika Henderson, Andrea Hoshide, and Ashley Daniels.

Jerry has seven great-grandchildren: Faith Strayhand, Micah Norland, Gabriel Hoshide, Hannah Henderson, Isaiah Hoshide, Judah Henderson and Jonah Hoshide, and four surviving nieces and a nephew in Michigan.

Jerry agreed to join the Marines in 1959 on one condition: that they send him to California. He was stationed in both El Toro and San Diego and was honorably discharged in 1963.

Jerry was a man who was always willing to help others. He had a cheerful smile and gave amazing bear hugs, and always had a lot to share. He and his wife Ann owned their own business called They retired 2-1/2 years ago and had begun to enjoy their retirement.

Jerry was a good provider for his family--doing whatever it took to make ends meet. Some of his other occupations were computer programmer, owner of a printing business called Bennett, White & Rowe, and owner of a commercial painting company.

Jerry had many interests and talents. He enjoyed painting in his spare time on subjects such as boats, fruit bowls, etc. He was looking forward to going fishing this summer with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren as well as going to the shooting range with them.

To list a few of his volunteer engagements, he and his wife enjoyed being Court Appointed Special Advocates for children in the court system. Jerry was Vice President for two years of his community's association, and he created a website for people in his community called The Saddleback Grapevine II so they could communicate with each other. He also helped start a group in his community where they could communicate via radio to let the residents know if there was any danger in the community.

There was a nice memorial for Jerry on July 3 at Mariner's Church and there will be a short military service at Riverside National Cemetery on July 10.

Jerry loved his family and friends and will be greatly missed.